This statement relates to the privacy practices of Maraging Funds Limited (t/a RiskSystem). The scope of this statement includes all client facing services built by Maraging Funds Limited. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
Maraging Funds Limited fully respects your right to privacy and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Maraging Funds Limited adheres to the Data Protection rules outlines in the Data Protection Act 2018: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Data-Protection-Rules/y/21.htm
Maraging Funds Limited maintains information relating to its staff and customers necessary to allow it to perform key tasks. Maraging Funds Limited does obtain email addresses in the course of doing business and those addresses are considered personal data. However, Maraging Funds Limited only obtains those email addresses during legitimate interests of doing business and stores these emails securely on a self-hosted server. The only other circumstance where Maraging Funds Limited obtains personal data, is for the purposes of a due diligence check on a new supplier or service provider. An ID verification is performed on the individual signing the new contract. The personal data is collected and processed in line with the GDPR guidance and the Data Protection policy. This personal data is deleted and not stored by Maraging Funds Limited after the contract is signed.
Types of Data Collected
While using our website to avail of our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but it not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Any other information you choose to disclose in the information section of the request form
- Usage data
Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, and unique device identifiers.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and unique device identifiers.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our website to its full extent.
Use of your Personal Data
Maraging Funds Limited may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage a client account i.e. to manage a registration as a user of our service. The personal data provided can give access to different functionalities of the service that are available to a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services that have been purchased or of any other contract with us through the website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage requests: To attend and manage requests to us.
The security provisions in place are reviewed regularly by the CTO. Any data transferred is always encrypted. All servers are located in data centres which have appropriate security measures in place.
Adequate, relevant, and not excessive
Maraging Funds Limited has conducted a data audit to ensure all data and information collected is relevant and proportionate to the company’s day to day activities and legal obligations. Most data is static but it is periodically reviewed for ad hoc changes.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Maraging Funds Limited may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Maraging Funds Limited may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Data retention – client data
Maraging Funds Limited does not acquire personal address and personal identification documentation (other than business email addresses) from individuals as part of its day to day business.
Data retention – employee data
- Records and interview notes of unsuccessful applicants are retained for 12 months from the date the successful candidate is appointed (Data Protection Commissioner recommendation).
- Employment files are retained for 7 years and six months from the date the staff member finishes employment with Maraging Funds Limited (Statute of Limitations under Unfair Dismissals Act 1977-2017).
- Employee records of salaries and tax payments are retained for six years and six months (Revenue Commissioners guidance).
Data retention – due diligence
Any personal data obtained for the purposes of a due diligence check on a new supplieror service provider is deleted and not stored by Maraging Funds Limited after the contract is signed.
Data retention – health & safety records
- Records of major accidents and dangerous occurrences are retained for 10 years under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
Right of Access to Personal Data
Under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts, on making a written request to Maraging Funds Limited any individual about whom Maraging Funds Limited keeps personal information on computer or in a relevant filing system is entitled to:
(a) a copy of the data,
(b) a description of the purposes for which it is held,
(c) a description of those to whom the data may be disclosed and
(d) the source of the data unless this would be contrary to public interest
Applicants have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection commissioner if they feel there has been a breach at www.dataprotection.ie
Change of Policy
Data Protection co-ordination and compliance
Maraging Funds Limited has appointed Sinead Glennon with responsibility for co-ordination and compliance with the Data Protection Regulations.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org